Our next Book Club evening will be on Tuesday 16th October at 7pm in
The Maritimo Lounge, Admiral’s Quay, Ocean Way, Southampton, S014 3LG
Welcome to the Sotonettes’ Book Club!
Our book for September is ‘The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K Le Guin’. For more details please see our Facebook event
The Sotonettes Book Club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 7pm – 9pm. (Except during December). There is no charge to attend and both members and non-members of the Sotonettes are very welcome. We are now meeting in a new venue The Maritimo Lounge, Admiral’s Quay, Ocean Way, Southampton, S014 3LG
The Book Club has a general ‘female’ theme such as female authors and leading characters, and we are always open to suggestions! We plan on mixing things up a bit, from classics to contemporary, across a range of genres.
We don’t mind if you haven’t finished the book, seen a film version, or are just curious to find out more.
The books we will be reading in next few months are:
- November 2018 – The Life and Death of Sophie Stark by Anna North or The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon depending on which book is available from the library (nominated by Allison from Southampton Libraries).
- December – No meeting
- January 2019 – A Beginners’ Guide to Acting English by Shappi Khorsandi (a more light hearted book with links to Women in Power
- February 2019 – The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon (nominated by Allison from Southampton Libraries and available from the library). May be swapped with Life and Death of Sophie Stark.
- March 2019 – Death Comes to Pemberley by P D James (included as it has been nominated several times).
- April 2019 – Red Clocks by Leni Zumas (nominated by October Books)
These are some of the book we have read. Please click here to read the complete list.
We’re always looking for suggestions for the future so please feel free to bring along suggestions of anything you’ve wanted to read or something you’d like to share!
If you’d like to be kept up to date on any changes affecting Book Club as well as information on special activities, events and trips, please sign up to our mailing list below: