Welcome to the Sotonettes’ Book Club!
Our next meeting is on Tuesday 20th July when we will be discussing ‘Nervous Conditions’ by Tsitsi Dangarembga. For more details please see our Facebook event
During the COVID-19 restrictions, meetings will be online using Zoom. To get access details for each meeting, please sign up to our newsletter using the form at the bottom of this page.
The Sotonettes Book Club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 7pm – 9pm (except during December). There is no charge to attend and both members and non-members of the Sotonettes are very welcome. We normally meet at The Maritimo Lounge, Admiral’s Quay, Ocean Way, Southampton, SO14 3LG (see above about COVID-19 arrangements).
The Book Club has a general ‘female’ theme such as female authors and leading characters, and we are always open to suggestions! We plan on mixing things up a bit, from classics to contemporary, across a range of genres.
We don’t mind if you haven’t finished the book, seen a film version, or are just curious to find out more.
The books we will be reading in 2021 are:
- June: ‘The Report’ by Jessica Francis Kane
- July: ‘Nervous Conditions’ by Tsitsi Dangarembga
- August: ‘Madame Fourcade’s Secret War’ by Lynne Olson
- September: ‘I Am Not Your Baby Mother’ by Candice Brathwaite
- October: ‘Pachinko’ by Min Jin Lee
- November: ‘The Silence of the Girls’ by Pat Barker
The books we will be reading in 2022 are:
- January: ‘Olive Kitteridge’ by Elizabeth Strout
- February: ‘Life After Life’ by Kate Atkinson
- March: ‘The Salt Path’ by Raynor Winn
Please click here for the complete list of books we have read and discussed.
We’re always looking for suggestions for the future so please feel free to bring along suggestions of anything you’ve wanted to read or something you’d like to share!
If you’d like to be kept up to date on any changes affecting Book Club as well as information on special activities, events and trips, please sign up to our mailing list below: