Welcome to the Sotonettes’ Book Club!
Our next meeting is on Tuesday 17th March when we will be discussing ‘My Cousin Rachel’ by Daphne Du Maurier. For more details please see our Facebook event
The Sotonettes Book Club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 7pm – 9pm (except during December). There is no charge to attend and both members and non-members of the Sotonettes are very welcome. We are now meeting at The Maritimo Lounge, Admiral’s Quay, Ocean Way, Southampton, SO14 3LG
The Book Club has a general ‘female’ theme such as female authors and leading characters, and we are always open to suggestions! We plan on mixing things up a bit, from classics to contemporary, across a range of genres.
We don’t mind if you haven’t finished the book, seen a film version, or are just curious to find out more.
The books we will be reading in next few months are:
- January 2020: ‘The Little Paris Bookshop’ by Nina George
- February 2020: ‘The Angel Makers’ by Jessica Gregson (Jess will also be speaking at the Sotonettes WI meeting on the last Tuesday of April)
- March 2020: ‘My Cousin Rachel’ by Daphne Du Maurier
- April 2020: ‘Wuthering Heights’ by Emily Bronte
- May 2020: Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez
- June 2020: ‘Becoming’ by Michelle Obama
Please click here for the complete list of books we have read and discussed
We’re always looking for suggestions for the future so please feel free to bring along suggestions of anything you’ve wanted to read or something you’d like to share!
If you’d like to be kept up to date on any changes affecting Book Club as well as information on special activities, events and trips, please sign up to our mailing list below: