Welcome to the Sotonettes’ Book Club!
Our next meeting is on Tuesday 21st July when we will be discussing ‘Circe’ by Madeline Miller. For more details please see our Facebook event
During the COVID-19 restrictions, meetings will be online using Zoom. To get access details for each meeting, please sign up to our newsletters using the form at the bottom of this page.
The Sotonettes Book Club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 7pm – 9pm (except during December). There is no charge to attend and both members and non-members of the Sotonettes are very welcome. We normally meet at The Maritimo Lounge, Admiral’s Quay, Ocean Way, Southampton, SO14 3LG (see above about COVID-19 arrangements).
The Book Club has a general ‘female’ theme such as female authors and leading characters, and we are always open to suggestions! We plan on mixing things up a bit, from classics to contemporary, across a range of genres.
We don’t mind if you haven’t finished the book, seen a film version, or are just curious to find out more.
The books we will be reading in 2020 are:
- January: ‘The Little Paris Bookshop’ by Nina George
- February: ‘The Angel Makers’ by Jessica Gregson
- March: ‘My Cousin Rachel’ by Daphne Du Maurier
- April: ‘Wuthering Heights’ by Emily Bronte
- May: Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez
- June: ‘Becoming’ by Michelle Obama
- July: ‘Circe’ by Madeline Miller
- August: ‘Girl, Woman, Other’ by Bernadine Evaristo
- September: ‘Dear Mrs Bird’ by AJ Pearce
- October: ‘Americanah’ by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- November: ‘Old Baggage by Lissa Evans
The books we will be reading in 2021 are:
- January: ‘Stalin’s Daughter’ by Rosemary Sullivan
- February: ‘Hamnet’ by Maggie O’Farrell
- March: ‘Table Manners’ by Susmita Bhattacha
Please click here for the complete list of books we have read and discussed
We’re always looking for suggestions for the future so please feel free to bring along suggestions of anything you’ve wanted to read or something you’d like to share!
If you’d like to be kept up to date on any changes affecting Book Club as well as information on special activities, events and trips, please sign up to our mailing list below: