Our next Book Club evening will be on Tuesday 20th March at 7pm in
Mettricks Guidhall Coffee Shop, 1 Guildhall Place, SO14 7DU
Welcome to the Sotonettes’ Book Club!
Our book for March is “The Cuckoo’s Calling” by Robert Galbraith. For more details see our Facebook event
The Sotonettes Book Club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 7pm – 9pm. (Except during December). There is no charge to attend and both members and non-members of the Sotonettes are very welcome. We meet in Mettricks Guidhall Coffee Shop, 1 Guildhall Place, SO14 7DU
The Book Club has a general ‘female’ theme such as female authors and leading characters, and we are always open to suggestions! We plan on mixing things up a bit, from classics to contemporary, across a range of genres.
We don’t mind if you haven’t finished the book, seen a film version, or are just curious to find out more.
The next books we will be reading in next few months are:
- November 2017 ( A Translated Book) – The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stig Larsson
- December 2017 – No Meeting
- January 2018 (A Local book) – Persuasion by Jane Austen
- February 2018 (A True Story) – Leap Year by Helen Russell
- March 2018 (A ‘Wild Card”) – The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith
- April 2018 (A Follow up/Sequel) – Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
- May 2018 (An Award Winning Book) – Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Previously, the Sotonettes Book Club has read:
Please click here to read the whole list
We’re always looking for suggestions for the future so please feel free to bring along suggestions of anything you’ve wanted to read or something you’d like to share!
If you’d like to be kept up to date on any changes affecting Book Club as well as information on special activities, events and trips, please sign up to our mailing list below: