Welcome to the Sotonettes’ Book Club!
The Sotonettes Book Club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 7pm – 9pm. (Except during December). There is no charge to attend and both members and non-members of the Sotonettes are very welcome. We are now meeting at The Maritimo Lounge, Admiral’s Quay, Ocean Way, Southampton, S014 3LG
The Book Club has a general ‘female’ theme such as female authors and leading characters, and we are always open to suggestions! We plan on mixing things up a bit, from classics to contemporary, across a range of genres.
We don’t mind if you haven’t finished the book, seen a film version, or are just curious to find out more.
The books we will be reading in next few months are:
- May 2019: ‘The Island’ by Victoria Hislop
- June 2019: ‘The Tattooist of Auschwitz’ by Heather Morris
- July 2019: ‘The Penelopiad’ by Margaret Atwood
- August 2019: ‘The Bookshop’ by Penelope Fitzgerald
- September 2019: ‘Sincerity’ by Carol Ann Duffy
- October 2019: ‘According to Queeney’ by Beryl Bainbridge
- November 2019: ‘Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day’ by Winifred Watson
- December 2019: No meeting
- January 2020: ‘Becoming’ by Michelle Obama
- February 2020: ‘My Cousin Rachel’ by Daphne Du Maurier
- March 2020: ‘The Little Paris Bookshop’ by Nina George
These are some of the book we have read. Please click here to read the complete list.
We’re always looking for suggestions for the future so please feel free to bring along suggestions of anything you’ve wanted to read or something you’d like to share!
If you’d like to be kept up to date on any changes affecting Book Club as well as information on special activities, events and trips, please sign up to our mailing list below: