Our next Book Club evening will be on Tuesday 18th September at 7pm in
The Maritimo Lounge, Admiral’s Quay, Ocean Way, Southampton, S014 3LG
Welcome to the Sotonettes’ Book Club!
The Sotonettes Book Club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 7pm – 9pm. (Except during December). There is no charge to attend and both members and non-members of the Sotonettes are very welcome. We are now meeting in a new venue The Maritimo Lounge, Admiral’s Quay, Ocean Way, Southampton, S014 3LG
The Book Club has a general ‘female’ theme such as female authors and leading characters, and we are always open to suggestions! We plan on mixing things up a bit, from classics to contemporary, across a range of genres.
We don’t mind if you haven’t finished the book, seen a film version, or are just curious to find out more.
The books we will be reading in next few months are:
- September 2018 – The Radium Girls by Kate Moore (Previous Runner-up Book)
- October 2018 – The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K Le Guin
- November 2018 – The Life and Death of Sophie Stark by Anna North (nominated by Allison from Southampton Libraries and available from the library).
- December – No meeting
- January 2019 – Red Clocks by Leni Zumas (nominated by October Books)
- February 2019 – The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon (nominated by Allison from Southampton Libraries and available from the library).
These are some of the book we have read. Please click here to read the complete list.
We’re always looking for suggestions for the future so please feel free to bring along suggestions of anything you’ve wanted to read or something you’d like to share!
If you’d like to be kept up to date on any changes affecting Book Club as well as information on special activities, events and trips, please sign up to our mailing list below: